Josh Lucas is an American actor. He is best known for his acting roles in movies like Sweet Home Alabama, Ford v Ferrari, Life as We Know It, Glory Road, Poseidon.
Know Josh Lucas bio, career, debut, wife, age, height, awards, favorite things, body measurements, affairs or girlfriend or dating history, net worth, car collections, address, date of birth, school, residence, religion, father, mother, children, and much more.
Josh Lucas was born in Little Rock, Arkansas, to Michele (LeFevre), a nurse-midwife, and Don Maurer, an ER doctor.
Lucas’ movie profession started via accident in 1979 whilst a small Canadian movie production shot at the tiny coastal South Carolina Island, Sullivan’s Island, in which Lucas and his family lived. Unbeknownst to the filmmakers, 8 12 months antique Lucas become hiding in the sand dunes watching filming all through the climactic scene where teenage lovers interact in a lovesick fight. It turned into at some point in this experience that Lucas determined to pursue a career in the film which he has now done for nearly 3 decades. Born to young radical politically active parents in Arkansas in 1971, Lucas spent his early youth nomadically moving across the southern U.S. The circle of relatives ultimately settled in Gig Harbor, Washington, wherein Lucas attended excessive faculty. The college had an award-winning drama/debate software and Lucas won the State Championship in Dramatic Interpretation and competed on the 1989 National Championship. Brief stints in expert theater in Seattle accompanied earlier than Lucas moved to Los Angeles. After receiving breaks playing a younger George Armstrong Custer in the Steven Spielberg produced Class of ’61 (1993) and Frank Marshall’s film Alive (1993), Lucas’ career toiled in minor TV appearances. Frustrated, he decided to begin over and relocated to New York City.
In NYC, Lucas studied acting for years under Suzanne Shepherd and worked in smaller theater productions like Shakespeare within the Parking Lot earlier than receiving every other destroy in 1997 while he became forged as Judas in Terrence McNally’s arguable off-Broadway manufacturing Corpus Christi. The play brought about his being cast inside the movies You Can Count on Me (2000) and American Psycho (2000). These films were accompanied by way of interesting performances within the Oscar-winning A Beautiful Mind (2001) and the box workplace hit Sweet Home Alabama (2002).
Lucas has considering that worked with many of the film community’s finest talents. He starred alongside Jon Voight in Jerry Bruckheimer’s Glory Road (2006), for which Lucas introduced 40 pounds to convert himself into mythical basketball educate Don Haskins. Lucas additionally starred with Kurt Russell and Richard Dreyfuss in Wolfgang Petersen’s Poseidon (2006). He starred with Morgan Freeman and Robert Redford in Lasse Hallström’s An Unfinished Life (2005). He additionally starred opposite Jamie Bell in David Gordon Green’s Undertow (2004), which become additionally produced by means of Terrence Malick. Additionally, Lucas labored along with Christopher Walken in Around the Bend (2004).
He carried out with Jennifer Connelly and Eric Bana in Ang Lee’s Hulk (2003). Other credits consist of Wonderland (2003), The Deep End (2001), American Psycho (2000), Session 9 (2001) and You Can Count on Me (2000).
Lucas’ theater credits encompass the off-Broadway run of “Spalding Gray: Stories Left to Tell”; Tennessee Williams’ “The Glass Menagerie”, which appeared on Broadway in 2005; Terrence McNally’s “Corpus Christi” at the Manhattan Theater Club; Christopher Shinn’s “What Didn’t Happen”; and “The Picture of Dorian Gray”.
Lucas has usually been fascinated by documentaries and carried out voice paintings with film legend Ken Burns on the documentary The War (2007), and additionally provided voice-over work for Operation Homecoming: Writing the Wartime Experience (2007), Trumbo (2007) and Resolved (2007). Lucas’ first assignment into manufacturing was Stolen (2009), wherein he played the unmarried father of a mentally challenged boy. The movie becomes the first venture to be produced via Lucas’ production company, “Two Bridges”.
In the past few years, Lucas’ movies consist of The Lincoln Lawyer (2011), Daydream Nation (2010), Peacock (2010), as Charles Lindbergh in Clint Eastwood’s film J. Edgar (2011), and the large Australian box office and critical fulfillment Red Dog (2011), for which Lucas won Australia’s pleasant actor award (The I.F. Award). He also played Beat technology legend Neal Cassady in Big Sur (2013). He can be visible in Kevin Connolly’s Dear Eleanor (2016), the approaching Sundance festival film Little Accidents, and the NY indie film The Mend.
Joshua Lucas Easy Dent Maurer
Best Known for
Sweet Home Alabama, A Beautiful Mind
Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie: Liplock
MTV Movie Award
Date of Birth
20 June 1971
Little Rock, Arkansas, US
School / College / University
Kovalchuk Middle School
Gig Harbor School
Race / Ethnicity
Soccer, sailing, and card games.
A tattoo on shoulder.
Physical Stats & More
- In feet – 5′ 11″
- In Centimeters – 182 cm
- In meters – 1.82 m
- In kilograms – 78 kg
- In Pounds – 172 lbs
- Chest Size: 40″
- Biceps Size: 15″
- Waist Size: 32″
Jessica Henriquez (2012-2014)
Don Maurer (Emergency physician)
Michele ( nee LeFevre)
Devin Maurer (Brother) (Film editor)
Kate Maurer (Sister)
Noah Rev Maurer (son) (Born on 2012)
Relationship & More
March 17, 2012
Affairs or dating history
Jessica Ciencin Henriquez (2011 – Present)
Source of Income – Acting
It will be updated soon.
It will be updated soon.
Find on Web
Josh Lucas interesting and unknown facts
- Lucas becomes born in Little Rock, Arkansas, the son of Michele, a nurse-midwife, and Don Maurer, an ER physician.
- Lucas grew up traveling the South together with his parents, who have been anti-nuclear activists, and his three more youthful siblings.
- By the age of 13, he had lived in 30 different locations, such as the Isle of Palms and Sullivan’s Island, South Carolina.
- His mother attended Emerson College with Jay Leno.
- The own family finally settled within the town of Gig Harbor, Washington.
- He attended Kopachuck Middle School and graduated from Gig Harbor High School in 1989, where he acted in excessive college plays.
- After high faculty, he pursued his appearing career over attending college.
- Lucas began his career when he becomes 19, having moved to Hollywood after his excessive school graduation.
- He regarded as a visitor famous person on several TV sitcoms in his early 20s, along with Fox’s True Colors and Parker Lewis Can’t Lose, the circle of relatives drama Life Goes On, and CBS’s private-eye show Jake and the Fatman.
- He appeared as an American businessman in Jule Gilfillan’s romantic comedy-drama Restless.
- He also seemed in an off-Broadway production of Terrence McNally’s controversial Corpus Christi, a retelling of the Passion, with the Jesus person (named Joshua) and his disciples all being gay.
- One of Lucas’ first feature roles became playing Jace “Flash” Dillon within the cinematic PC flight simulator Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger.
- Lucas gained mainstream exposure after his roles in Sweet Home Alabama, A Beautiful Mind, and as Glenn Talbot in Hulk.
- He later won fulfillment in main roles in films which include Glory Road, Poseidon, and Stealth.
- 15. In Glory Road, he starred as basketball educate Don Haskins, a function for which he gained forty lb (18 kg).
- In February 2010, he changed into solid within the Anders Anderson mystery Stolen the unmarried father of a mentally challenged boy, starring along with Rhona Mitra and Jon Hamm; the movie had a restrained theatrical launch in March 2010.
- In 2013, Lucas turned into the cast as the lead position within the impartial comedy-drama, The Mend.
- From September 2014 to March 2016, Lucas seemed like the main man or woman in the NBC crime drama The Mysteries of Laura.
- In 2018, Lucas becomes solid in an ordinary role in Yellowstone, as a more youthful model of John Dutton, portrayed by Kevin Costner.
- Josh Lucas’ career also consists of voice-over work (or voice acting) with Breathe Bible.
- Lucas is likewise an owner and promoter of the organization Filthy Food with buddies Marc and Daniel Singer.
- Lucas met freelance author Jessica Ciencin Henriquez at a dog park in 2011.
- They became engaged six weeks later and married on March 17, 2012, in Central Park.
- Their son, Noah Rev Maurer, turned into born in June 2012.
- In January 2014, Jessica Henriquez filed for a divorce that has become final in October 2014.
- Lucas supported Barack Obama in the course of the 2008 presidential campaign, volunteering to help capability voters sign in at schools in Pennsylvania.
- Lucas knocked on doors and call banked, sporting an Obama shirt for forty-five days.
Most watched videos of Josh Lucas