Kelly Clarkson is an American singer, songwriter, actress, TV personality, and author. She is best known for her songs like Stronger, Because Of You, Since U Been Gone, and Catch My Beathe.
Kelly Clarkson Biography
Clarkson was initially made aware of her vocal aptitude by her school’s choir director when she was in the seventh grade. Clarkson was raised in Burleson, Texas, a suburb of Fort Worth. After graduating from high school, Clarkson relocated to Los Angeles and made several fruitless attempts to break into the entertainment industry. After moving back to Texas in 2002, she signed up to compete in the Fox Broadcasting Company’s American Idol, a singing contest where viewers could select their favorite singer. Clarkson’s captivating voice, charisma, and humor won over the audience. She received $1 million in cash and a recording deal with RCA as her prize for winning the competition.
Clarkson released her debut single, “A Moment Like This,” just two weeks after winning American Idol, and it soon became a sensation. Her first collection of pop songs, Thankful, was released in 2003. Breakaway (2004), her second studio album, sold more than 11 million copies worldwide and includes the hit songs “Because of You,” “Behind These Hazel Eyes,” and “Since U Been Gone.” Breakaway expanded Clarkson’s pop style into a rock vein. Since U Been Gone received the Grammy for best female pop vocal performance and Breakaway was recognized for best pop vocal album. The release of Clarkson’s third album, My December (2007), signaled the beginning of a new phase in her career. More confessional than her earlier works, it was also more rock-oriented. Each song was co-written by the artist.
On the albums All I Ever Wanted (2009) and Stronger (2011), the latter of which won her another Grammy Award for the best pop vocal album, Clarkson successfully blended her rock and pop impulses. Her run of hits was prolonged by powerfully produced tracks like “My Life Would Suck Without You” and “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You).” She also followed her passion in country music with the well-known song “Don’t You Wanna Stay” (2010), a duet with Jason Aldean, which was already evident on a 2007 rendition of “Because of You” that she recorded with Reba McEntire. Following the Christmas album Wrapped in Red (2013), Clarkson released the ballad-heavy Piece by Piece (2015). Then, with Meaning of Life (2017), her eighth studio album and the first one Atlantic Records put out, she tried soul and R&B. When Christmas Comes Around… came out in 2021 and had a TV special to go with it.
Clarkson was a coach on the TV singing competition The Voice in addition to being a singer (2018–21). In 2018, she started her own daytime talk show, for which she won two Daytime Emmy Awards as best entertainment talk show host (2020 and 2021). During this time, she did voices for the animated comedies Trolls World Tour (2019) and UglyDolls (2019).
Know Kelly Clarkson bio, career, debut, ex-husband, children, age, height, awards, favorite things, body measurements, dating history, net worth, car collection, address, date of birth, school, residence, religion, father, mother, siblings, and much more.
Kelly Brianne Clarkson
Best Known for
She rose to fame for winning the first season of American Idol in 2002, which earned her a record deal with RCA.
Date of Birth
24 April 1982
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
School / College / University
Burleson High School
Race / Ethnicity
English, Welsh, Irish and Greek
No tattoos on her body
Physical Stats & More
- In feet: 5′ 2″
- In Centimetres: 161 cm
- In meters: 1.61 m
- In kilograms: 67 kg
- In Pounds: 137 lbs
Brandon Blackstock (2013-2021) (Divorced)
Stephen Michael Clarkson
Jason Clarkson (Brother)
Alyssa Clarkson (Sister)
Remington Alexander Blackstock (Son) (2016)
River Rose Blackstock (Daughter) (2014)
Relationship & More
20 October 2013
Affairs or dating history
Graham Colton (2005)
Ryan Key (2006)
Brandon Blackstock (2013-2021)
Source of Income – Acting
It will be updated soon.
It will be updated soon.
It will be updated soon.
Find on Web
Kelly’s Lesser Known Facts
- The song “Tell Me a Lie” was written by Clarkson for her 2011 album Stronger. When she realized it wouldn’t work with her record, she opted to give it to the boys of One Direction.
- Clarkson is particularly fond of clean ears. For her, it has become something of a fixation. So much so that she has tried ear candling, in which a candle flame is used to remove wax and other debris from the ear canal without the use of Q-tips.
- The contents of Kelly Clarkson’s purse are a complete mystery. It turns out she is legally allowed to conceal carry a firearm.
- Clarkson is the wife of Brandon Blackstock, the stepson of Reba McEntire. After 26 years of marriage, McEntire divorced Brandon’s father, Narvel. Clarkson and McEntire are still very close despite McEntire’s 2015 divorce from Narvel. Even Clarkson has said that McEntire is the “coolest mother-in-law.”
- Counting the ones we are aware of, Clarkson has a total of thirteen tattoos, including a crucifix on her wrist and a puzzle piece on her shoulder blade. The kanji tattooed on her neck translates to “blessed” in Japanese.
- Clarkson is a huge fan of No Doubt and frequently names them as one of her favorite bands. Some of their songs have even been covered by her.
- Clarkson wanted to be a marine biologist when she was younger, but saw Jaws and changed her mind.
- Clarkson revealed that as a child, she aspired to be The Cosby Show’s Clair Huxtable in an interview with Us Weekly. She also mentioned that Designing Women’s Dixie Carter was an inspiration to her.
- Clarkson performed “Piece by Piece” on the final season of American Idol in 2016 when she was very far along in her pregnancy. As the situation became tenser and tenser, Clarkson found herself unable to hold back her tears. The judge, Keith Urban, started crying as well.
- Kelly Clarkson’s career began long before her time on American Idol. She acted as an extra and even had a cameo on Sabrina the Teenage Witch. The young lady in the background of this photo is the one who is glancing backward.
- There is a unicorn in her possession. So, it’s not an actual unicorn, is it? However, Clarkson owns a horse aptly named “The Unicorn.”
- The Voice star decided to take matters into her own hands and shut. it. down after yet another nasty gossip story putting Clarkson against Carrie Underwood went viral.
- Someone just emailed me this, and I’m all, “Why does she get the good pic and I have the worst expression I’ve ever created with 0 muscles being used in my face ha?” Clarkson made a remark. “I am now at war with whoever stole this picture!” If you’re going to lie to me, at least provide me with a nice photo.
- Kelly, be a role model and demonstrate how it’s done!
- Inadvertently, Clarkson damaged her daughter River Rose’s love of all things Frozen when she voiced one of the main characters in the upcoming animated film UglyDolls.’
- I pointed and said, “Hey, that’s mommy’s voice!” Clarkson said laughingly in an interview, “I show her the trailer and she was kind of not understanding it.” To paraphrase, “I was like, ‘You know like how Elsa and Anna…’ and all of a sudden I was like, ‘Did I just ruin that for my daughter?'” Now she knows that Elsa and Anna aren’t “simply cartoons,” as she had previously believed.
- The Super Bowl is where she and her future husband first connected. Although they had met earlier, it was during Clarkson’s performance at the 2012 Super Bowl that they became fast friends.
The singer told People, “When I eventually confessed that, ‘I actually dig you,’ he was so astonished because he thought I loathed him.” I hadn’t told him how I felt about him. On the inside, I was like, “Ask me out!” but on the exterior, “I enjoy being single and coming home alone every night.” Absolutely fantastic.
- I didn’t want to suck because I was trying to impress a guy,” she said, explaining why she was so apprehensive. What I really wanted was for him to say, ‘Damn.’ This incident was in no way related to the big game.
- Before, she served drinks as a cocktail waitress. Before she became famous, Kelly Clarkson worked as a waiter at a couple of Texas comedy clubs, so we know she knows how to leave a good tip.
- After arguing with her manager Clive Davis about the path she was taking prior to the release of her album My December, Clarkson ultimately decided to let him go rather than make the changes he suggested.
- Clarkson was given bull-riding scholarships from both the University of Texas at Austin and Berklee College of Music before she appeared on American Idol. Prior to her time on Idol, she had already passed up two record agreements.
- No one had previously won the Grammy for Best Pop Vocal Album more than once until Clarkson. These two awards were given to the same performer.
- When Gwyneth Paltrow appeared on Clarkson’s talk show in March 2021, Clarkson revealed that she, too, was a divorcee who had remarried. With her divorce from Brandon Blackstock having only been final for nine months, Clarkson may have been hesitant to jump into another marriage quite yet.
- According to Clarkson, Paltrow has been married for two years. I can’t even fathom going through another divorce, and I’m currently in the middle of one.
- Clarkson has published a children’s book series starring a heroine named River Rose, who was modeled after her daughter.
- Kelly Clarkson’s The Kelly Clarkson Show achieved the highest ratings for a new daytime talk show in seven years and rivaled those of Ellen DeGeneres, the reigning talk show queen, in its first few years on the air. That right there is Clarkson might!
- After ending her marriage to Brandon Blackstock, Clarkson was ready to start a new chapter in her life, and she did it by making a significant adjustment. Reports of the American Idol winner legally changing her name to Kelly Brianne arose around the middle of February. In late March, she made the transition public, putting an end to the rumors.
- It was reported on March 29 by E! that a judge had approved the singer’s request to legally change her name. After hearing no opposition, the court “grants the petition for change of name,” according to court records obtained by the media source. The decree has been signed and lodged. Petitioner KELLY BRIANNE CLARKSON has requested a name change to KELLY BRIANNE. While Kelly Clarkson is no longer her legal name, we expect that she will continue to perform under that moniker.