Noel Fielding is a British comedian, actor, and musician. He is best known as a member of the comedy troupe The Mighty Boosh, which he co-created and starred in with Julian Barratt. Fielding also appears as a team captain on the BBC Two comedy panel show “Never Mind the Buzzcocks.” In addition to his work on television and stage, Fielding is also a painter and has had his artwork exhibited in galleries in London and New York.
Noel Fielding Biography
Noel Fielding is a British comedian, actor, and musician. He was born on May 21, 1973, in Westminster, London, England. He is best known as a member of the comedy troupe The Mighty Boosh, which he co-created and starred in with Julian Barratt. Fielding’s career in comedy began in the mid-1990s when he formed The Mighty Boosh with Barratt. The duo first met in 1994 at a comedy club in London, and soon began performing together at various venues around the city.
In 1998, The Mighty Boosh began performing at the Hen and Chickens Theatre in Islington, London and soon developed a cult following. The following year, they were given their own radio show on BBC London, and in 2001, they were given their own television series on BBC Three. The Mighty Boosh television series ran for three seasons and was a critical and commercial success, winning numerous awards and nominations.
In addition to his work on The Mighty Boosh, Fielding has also appeared in a number of other television shows and films. In 2008, he appeared in the film “Garth Marenghi’s Fright Knight” and in 2009, he starred in the film “The Mighty Boosh: Future Sailors Tour.” He also appeared as a team captain on the BBC Two comedy panel show “Never Mind the Buzzcocks” from 2009 to 2015.
In addition to his work in television and film, Fielding is also a painter and has had his artwork exhibited in galleries in London and New York. He has also released a book of his artwork, entitled “The Scribblings of a Madcap Shambleton.”
Fielding is also a musician, who is the lead vocalist of the band Loose Tapestries, which is a side project of The Mighty Boosh. They have released two albums, “Hit the Road” in 2011 and “Suck It and See” in 2016.
Fielding’s comedic style is often described as offbeat and surreal, and he is known for his use of bizarre costumes and characters. He has also been praised for his ability to improvise and his quick wit.
In 2017, Fielding began co-presenting the show The Great British Bake Off, which is a popular cooking competition show in UK and also airs in other countries. He has been praised for his comedic timing and unique style on the show.
Fielding has a large fanbase and continues to be active in the entertainment industry. He has won several awards for his work, including the British Comedy Award for Best TV Comedy Actor in 2008.
In addition to his successful career, Fielding is also known for his charity work and support for various causes. He has participated in several charity events and has supported organizations such as Stand Up to Cancer and Comic Relief.
Overall, Noel Fielding is a talented and versatile entertainer who has made a name for himself as a comedian, actor, musician, and painter. His unique comedic style and offbeat sense of humor have won him fans all over the world and he continues to be an influential figure in the entertainment industry.
Know Noel Fielding Biography, career, debut, partner, children, age, height, awards, favorite things, body measurements, dating history, net worth, car collection, address, date of birth, school, residence, religion, father, mother, siblings, and much more.
Plunkett and Macleane (1999)
Best Known for
He is best known for his work with The Mighty Boosh comedy troupe alongside Julian Barratt in the 2000s, and more recently as a co-presenter of The Great British Bake Off since 2017.
Some of his notable awards include:
- The Perrier Award for Comedy at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in 2001, which he won as part of the comedy troupe The Mighty Boosh.
- The British Comedy Award for Best Live Stand-Up in 2006, which he won as part of The Mighty Boosh.
- The Chortle Award for Best Live Comedy DVD in 2007, which he won for the DVD release of The Mighty Boosh Live.
- The BAFTA Television Award for Best Comedy Programme in 2008, which he won as a writer and performer for The Mighty Boosh.
- The Rose d’Or for Best Comedy in 2009, which he won for The Mighty Boosh.
- The BAFTA Television Craft Award for Breakthrough Talent in 2011, for his work on the series “Noel Fielding’s Luxury Comedy”
These are just a few examples of the many awards and honors that Fielding has received throughout his career. He has also been nominated for several other awards and continues to be recognized for his work in comedy, acting, and television presenting.
Date of Birth
21 May 1973
Noel Fielding Age
City of Westminster, London, United Kingdom
School / College / University
Buckinghamshire New University
Race / Ethnicity
English, Irish, French
Noel Fielding is known for his unique fashion sense and for having multiple tattoos. Some of his notable tattoos include:
A portrait of David Bowie on his arm, which he has stated is his favorite tattoo.
A cartoon character on his shoulder.
A tattoo of a hand holding a heart on his chest.
A tattoo of a skull on his back.
A tattoo of a wolf on his thigh
A tattoo of a snake on his leg
A tattoo of a bat on his arm
A tattoo of a crescent moon on his arm
A tattoo of a tiger on his arm.
Physical Stats & More
- In feet: 5′ 11″
- In Centimetres: 181 cm
- In meters: 1.81 m
- In kilograms: 94 kg
- In Pounds: 185 lbs
- Chest Size: 42″
- Biceps Size: 12″
- Waist Size: 31″
Noel Fielding Partner
Lliana Bird (2010–Present)
Michael Fielding (Brother)
Dali Fielding-Bird (Daughter) (2018)
Iggy Fielding-Bird (Son) (2020)
Relationship & More
In a relationship with Lliana Bird
Noel Fielding Girlfriend and dating history
Lliana Bird (2010–present)
Courtney Love (2007 – 2014)
Dee Plume (2001 – 2009)
Noel Fielding Net Worth
Noel Fielding’s net worth as of 2023 is estimated at around $6 million.
It will be updated soon.
It will be updated soon.
It will be updated soon.
Noel Fielding Interesting Facts
- Noel Fielding is a British comedian, actor, and television presenter, best known as a member of the comedy troupe The Mighty Boosh.
- He was born on May 21, 1973, in Westminster, London, England.
- Fielding’s father is a travel agent and his mother is a cleaner.
- He attended Croydon School of Art and graduated in 1995.
- Fielding is known for his eccentric and flamboyant fashion sense and often wears vintage clothing.
- He is a huge fan of David Bowie and has a tattoo of him on his arm.
- Fielding is close friends with comedians Julian Barratt, Richard Ayoade, and Simon Pegg.
- He is a vegetarian and animal rights advocate.
- Fielding has a daughter named Dali and a son named Iggy with his partner Lliana Bird, who is a radio presenter.
- He is a keen painter and has exhibited his artwork in London galleries.
- Fielding appeared in the music video for the Arctic Monkeys’ song “Do Me a Favour”
- He is a fan of football and supports Crystal Palace F.C.
- Fielding has appeared in several films, including “The Mighty Boosh” (2006) and “Garth Marenghi’s Darkplace” (2004).
- He has also appeared on several British television shows, including “Never Mind the Buzzcocks” and “The IT Crowd”
- Fielding and his comedy partner Julian Barratt wrote and starred in the BBC Three series The Mighty Boosh (2003–2007) and the BBC Four series Noel Fielding’s Luxury Comedy (2012–2014).
- He has won multiple awards for his work, including the Perrier Award for Comedy at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in 2001.
- Fielding is a judge on the Channel 4 series “The Great British Bake Off”
- He hosted the show “Travel Man” on Channel 4.
- Fielding has a recurring role as Richmond Avenal in the British comedy series “The IT Crowd”
- He also appeared as a guest in several episodes of the British panel show “Never Mind the Buzzcocks”
- He is a regular on the BBC Radio 6 Music show, “The Radio 6 Music Festival”
- Fielding has also appeared as a guest on several other British television shows, including “Have I Got News for You” and “QI”
- He was a team captain on the BBC Two music-themed comedy panel show “Never Mind the Buzzcocks”
- He hosted the 2017 NME Awards
- Fielding has been described as a “flamboyant, theatrical performer” and a “quirky, original comic voice”.
Find on Web