Kevin Costner is an American actor, director, producer, and musician. He is best known for his acting roles in movies and TV shows like Yellowstone, Dances with Wolves, The Bodyguard, The Untouchable, Waterworld.
Know Kevin Costner bio, career, debut, wife, age, height, awards, favorite things, body measurements, affairs or girlfriend or dating history, net worth, car collections, address, date of birth, school, residence, religion, father, mother, children, and much more.
Kevin was born on January 18, 1955, in Lynwood, California. After studying at California State University, Costner has become an actor, setting up a recognition within the significantly acclaimed functions The Untouchables (1987), Bull Durham (1988) and Field of Dreams (1989). He directed and starred within the epic movie Dances With Wolves (1990), which received seven Oscars. In 2012, Costner won an Emmy Award (satisfactory actor in a miniseries) for his overall performance inside the History Channel miniseries Hatfields & McCoys.
Sometimes as compared to such display screen legends as Gary Cooper and Jimmy Stewart, actor Kevin Costner was born on January 18, 1955, in Lynwood, California. He is the son of a strength company employee, and his father’s process necessitated some of the moves at some stage in Costner’s youth. In his high faculty years, Costner struggled with insecurities due to his short stature.
Costner attended California State University in Fullerton, wherein he studied marketing. During university, he evolved an interest in acting. Costner spent years as a suffering performer after graduating from university in 1978. He every now and then worked as a woodworker and also had a behind-the-scenes job as a gofer for Raleigh Studios for a time.
Costner landed a role as a suicide victim in the 1983 ensemble drama The Big Chill, with Glenn Close, Kevin Kline, William Hurt, Jeff Goldblum, and others. What gave the impression of his first big wreck ended in disappointment when all of his scenes ended up on the reducing room floor. “I rehearsed for a month with the complete solid and shot for approximately a week. I knew when I become shooting it that if something might be cut it might be my scenes,” Costner later explained. But the film’s director, Lawrence Kasdan, remembered Costner and later signed him for the 1985 western Silverado. The film, which also starred Kline, Scott Glenn, and Danny Glover, proved to be a springboard to different possibilities in Hollywood.
In 1987, Costner’s career surely took off with hit films. He starred with Sean Young inside the famous mystery No Way Out and played the legendary crime fighter Eliot Ness in The Untouchables, with Sean Connery and Robert De Niro. Untouchables director Brian De Palma praised Costner’s paintings on the film, announcing that “he can take those vintage western lawman strains and lead them to real.”
Continuing his winning streak, Costner starred in the baseball romantic comedy Bull Durham (1988), with Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins. With 1989’s Field of Dreams, Costner again won over audiences with his everyman appeal. He played a farmer who creates a baseball diamond on his land on the practice of a voice he hears. The fantastical but heartfelt film did properly both significantly and commercially.
Costner, now an established box office megastar, was given the green light to work on his directorial debut, Dances with Wolves (1990). The movie turned into a labor of affection with capturing stretching out over 18 months, 5 of which were spent on location in South Dakota. The film advised the story of a Civil War soldier who befriends a tribe of Sioux Indians. Incredibly nicely-obtained, the movie gained the Academy Award for Best Picture. Costner additionally gained the Academy Award for Best Director.
Costner continued to experience box workplace achievement with the adventure tale Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991) and the romantic drama The Bodyguard (1992), with Whitney Houston. But Costner quickly ran into a sequence of disappointments. While earning kudos from critics, his movie with Clint Eastwood, A Perfect World (1993), failed to make tons an impact on movie-goers. His turn as the well-known western icon in Wyatt Earp (1994) acquired mixed critiques and did mediocre enterprise on the box office.
Working as its big name and producer, Costner confronted a remarkable amount of challenges with the post-apocalyptic movie Waterworld (1995). This futuristic tale of a nearly landless Earth had troubles from the start. Filming largely came about on the open ocean on particularly built platforms, certainly, one of which sank, however, turned into recovered. The solid and group additionally battled seasickness and the elements, which every now and then behind schedule the production. The film, which also starred Dennis Hopper and Jeanne Tripplehorn, opened robust with a $21 million first weekend, but it soon misplaced steam with film-goers. It additionally received a tepid reception from critics.
Undaunted, Costner worked on every other futuristic epic, The Postman (1997). He performed the title character, a person who pretends to be a letter provider in a post-Apocalyptic America fractured by means of nuclear war. His charade brings a desire to a remote community. Some critics have known as The Postman the worst film of the year, while others cited that it changed into “a misfire” and “manner too long, too pretentious and too self-indulgent.”
After this film, Costner’s famous person’s power regarded to vanish somewhat. He didn’t help his recognition through stepping into a very public dispute with Universal over edits made to his subsequent baseball film, For the Love of Game (1998). However, the actor showed that he still may want to give an excellent overall performance with Thirteen Days (2000), a true-existence drama about the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.
Remaining busy into the brand new millennium, Costner starred within the heist film 3000 Miles to Graceland (2001) and in the 2005 romantic comedies, The Upside of Anger and Rumor Has It. Following the 2008 election comedy Swing Vote, he appeared within the 2010 drama The Company Men, with Chris Cooper, Ben Affleck, and Tommy Lee Jones.
In 2012, Costner tackled a juicy role on the small screen, starring within the History Channel miniseries Hatfields & McCoys as Devil Anse Hatfield, the leader of a well-known feuding family. His nemesis, Randall McCoy, was performed via Bill Paxton. For his Hatfields & McCoys performance, Costner won an Emmy Award (quality actor in a miniseries) in 2012.
A busy 2014 had Costner performing in Man of Steel as Superman’s adoptive Earth father — a function he reprised for 2016’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice — in addition to in Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, 3 Days to Kill, Draft Day and Black or White. After starring as educate Jim White in the inspirational sports drama McFarland, USA (2015), he had prominent supporting roles in Hidden Figures (2016) and Molly’s Game (2017).
Beginning in 2018, Costner determined more success at the small display screen with Yellowstone. The drama has the veteran actor starring John Dutton, proprietor of a sprawling ranch, with a solid that includes Kelly Reilly, Luke Grimes, and Wes Bentley as his children. In June 2019, around the time that season 2 premiered, it was announced that the collection might go back for a 3rd season on Paramount Network.
Costner starred in Netflix’s The Highwaymen (2019) as Frank Hamer, the former Texas Ranger who spearheaded the successful hunt of the infamous crime duo of Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow. He then went in a different course after years of leading man roles, voicing the individual of Enzo the dog in The Art of Racing within the Rain (2019).
Music – Other passions
In 2005, Costner turned to certainly one of his other passions — music. He started out operating with a country-rock band known as Modern West. They launched their first album, Untold Truths, in 2008, and accompanied with 2010’s Turn It On and 2011’s From Where I Stand. In 2012, the organization put out Famous for Killing Each Other: Music from and Inspired By Hatfields & McCoys.
Kevin Costner & Modern West has considering that launched the tracks “Alive inside the City” (2014) and “Love Shine” (2017).
Costner has been married to Christine Baumgartner on the grounds that 2004. Together, the couple has three children — Cayden Wyatt, Hayes Logan, and Grace Avery. Costner additionally has three children — Annie, Lily, and Joe — from his first marriage to Cindy Silva and a son, Liam, from his dating with socialite Bridget Rooney.
In everything he does, Costner appears to be being attentive to his own counsel, now not following any ordinary Hollywood playbook. “You’ve were given to blaze your own trail or you’re just going to feed on the trough,” he as soon as explained. “Feeding on the trough can get you pretty fat. But I choose to head my own manner.”
Kevin Michael Costner
Malibu Hot Summer
Best Known for
Golden Globe Award
Screen Actors Guild Award
Prime-time Emmy Award
People’s Choice Award
BFCA Critics Choice Award
Robert Award for Best Foreign Film
Date of Birth
January 18, 1955
Lynwood, California, United States
Orange County, California
School / College / University
Mt.Whitney High School
Villa Park High School
California State University
Race / Ethnicity
Physical Stats & More
- In feet – 6′ 1″
- In Centimeters – 185 cm
- In meters – 1.8 m
- In kilograms – 80 kg
- In Pounds – 176 lbs
Body Measurements (approx.)
- Chest Size: 42″
- Biceps Size: 15″
- Waist Size: 34″
Cindy Costner ( 1978 – 1994 )
Christine Baumgartner ( married in 2004 )
William Costner ( Electrician )
Sharon Rae (Welfare Worker)
Daniel Craig Costner (older Brother ) ( Businessman )
Mark Douglas Costner ( Older Brother ) (Died at Birth )
Annie Costner (daughter)
Joe Costner (son)
Liam Costner (son)
Lily Costner (daughter)
Cayden Wyatt Costner (son)
Hayes Logan Costner (son)
Grace Avery Costner (daughter)
Relationship & More
Affairs or dating history
Cindy Costner (1975 – 1994)
Christine Dennard ( 1983 – 1987 )
Halle Berry (1989)
Michelle Pfeiffer (1990)
Miro Sorvino (1993)
Holly Sampson (1994)
Bridget Rooney (1995 – 1997)
Courtney Cox (1995)
Angie Everhart (1995)
Joan lunden (1995)
Cheryl Tiegs (1995)
Elle Macpherson (1996)
Carla Bruni (1996)
Tawny Little (1997 – 1998)
Christine Baumgartner (2000 – Present)
- Favorite Film – How the west was won
- Favorite Directors – Frank Capra, George Stevens
- Favorite Plots – Long epics with a lot of Stories
- Favorite Genre – Western
$ 250 million
Source of Income – Acting
will update soon
Find on Web
Kevin Costner interesting and unknown facts
1. Kevin Costner invested $13m of his own money to salvage Waterworld. His modern-day film, Postman, cost a paltry $100m, with Costner investing himself this time as an actor, director, producer, or even singer. However, Costner does claim kilos 20m in step with the film.
2. Nicknamed the Tsar Next Door, Kevin Costner is infamous for bust-ups with near friends. As for his wife, she withstood 3 affairs, until a Hawaiian hula dancer got her knickers into enough of a spin to make the final spoil for divorce.
3. He never cited his family until the divorce. Since then, he has taken the Clinton route, broken down on countrywide television about his divorce, and brought his three youngsters into the limelight with minor parts in The Postman.
three. Costner’s Dances With Wolves won 7 Academy Awards in 1990.
4. Many girls’ fantasy, perhaps, however, Costner became no longer able to accept a completely fictitious persona. He these days sued Hello! the mag for publicizing an allegedly made-up interview with him.
5. Kevin Costner has obtained greater accolades than red bank statements, but for his looks in preference to his appearing ability. Oliver Stone stated, “you just need to visit mattress with him”.
6. Costner allows his “own family man” photo slip by way of referring to girls as “sluts” in the protection of his affairs. But the tough language belied his gentle heart. He stated that it turned into a time period of endearment.
7. Kevin Michael Costner changed into born on January 18, 1955, in Lynwood, California, and grew up in Compton, California. His mother, Sharon Rae, became a welfare worker, and father, William Costner, was a ditch digger and an electrician. He is the youngest of the 3 boys.
8. He did his schooling from Buena High School, Mt. Whitney High School, and graduated from Villa Park High School. In 1978, he did his BA in advertising and marketing and finance from California State University, Fullerton.
9. Not a great deal inclined toward studies, although he thoroughly enjoyed sports, piano lessons, poetry, and even sang within the First Baptist Choir.
10. While doing his BA in advertising and finance from California State University, Fullerton, he started out taking performing lessons 5 nights a week.
11. During his suffering days in Hollywood, he gave bus tours of stars homes in Los Angeles. It’s all about time, now tour probably stops at his house.
12. In 1983, Costner was given a role as a suicide victim within the ensemble drama The Big Chill, however, it proved to be a disappointment.
13. In 1987, his Hollywood profession took off along with his 2 hit films. He starred inside the famous thriller No Way Out with Sean Young and played the legendary crime fighter Eliot Ness in The Untouchables with Sean Connery.
14. Costner has proper relations with the Bush circle of relatives and has golfed with each President George Bush and President Ronald Reagan numerous times.
15. He is the lead singer of the Kevin Costner and Modern West band. This band went on a worldwide tour and had sold-out shows in Istanbul and Rome, in 2007.
sixteen. He is known for his horse-driving skills, and rides on his personal in all his films, consisting of the famous buffalo hunt scene in “Dances With Wolves.”
17. In 1986, he refused a role in “Platoon”, as he felt that it portrayed American infantrymen negatively. Also, his older brother became a Vietnam veteran, and he didn’t need to insult him.
18. Although he’s a great talent, he too suffered getting nominated for sixteen Razzie Awards.
19. In 1990, his first directorial movie, “Dance with Wolves,” had gathered 7 awards nominations for Best Foreign Film class at diverse global events.
20. He is a huge supporter of the U.K. Arsenal Football Club or The Gunners. He once booked a private helicopter to wait for their league suit in 2003.
21. In the ’90s, he financially supported a variety of Democratic Party politicians, and also contributed to the Republican Party. He even supported President Bill Clinton inside the Presidential Race. Before the 2008 election, he campaigned for Barack Obama however has no ambition to run for political office.
22. In 1995, he became ranked 87 in Empire Magazine’s listing of 100 Sexiest Stars in Film History.
23. In 2007, he turned into named the ceremonial Grand Marshal of the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series Auto Club 500 at the California Speedway. To make a NASCAR Documentary, he worked with the NASCAR Media Group and CMT Films to assist produce “The Ride of Their Lives.”
24. In 2007, his divorce from wife Cindy Silva is listed as the 5th most steeply-priced celebrity divorce, with a settlement of around $eighty million.
Most watched videos of Kevin Costner