Michelle Rodriguez is an American actress. She is best known for her acting role as Letty in the Fast and Furious movie series.
Know Michelle Rodriguez bio, career, debut, boyfriends and girlfriends, age, height, awards, favorite things, body measurements, spouse, net worth, car collections, address, date of birth, school, residence, religion, father, mother, children and much more.
Birth, family, and early life
Michelle Rodriguez was born on July 12, 1978, in San Antonio, Texas. Her mom, Carmen Milady Rodriguez (née Pared Espinal), is Dominican, even as her father, Rafael Rodriguez, became Puerto Rican and served within the U.S. Army.
Rodriguez moved to the Dominican Republic with her mom while she became eight years vintage and lived there till age 11. Later, she moved to Puerto Rico till the age of 17 and ultimately settled in Jersey City, New Jersey. She dropped out of William L. Dickinson High School however later earned her GED. In total, she becomes expelled from five schools. She in short attended business school earlier than quitting to pursue a profession in performing, with the closing purpose of turning into a screenwriter and director.
Rodriguez has 10 siblings and half-siblings. She became partially raised by way of her devoutly spiritual maternal grandmother and became introduced up as a Jehovah’s Witness (her mom’s religion), although she has considering the fact that deserted the faith. A DNA take a look at of Rodriguez, completed by using the television program Finding Your Roots, determined that her ancestry is 72.4% European, 21.3% Puerto Rican, and 6.3% Native American. She additionally stated on the show that there become a few racial struggles between her families due to the fact her Puerto Rican father had a mild complexion and her Dominican mother had a dark complexion.
Having run across an ad for an open casting call and attending her first audition, Rodriguez beat 350 other candidates to win her first role in the low-finances 2000 independent film Girlfight. With her performance as Diana Guzman, a troubled youngster who makes a decision to channel her aggression by schooling to come to be a boxer, Rodriguez accumulated several awards and nominations for the function in independent circles, consisting of fundamental performing accolades from the National Board of Review, Deauville Film Festival, Independent Spirit Awards, Gotham Awards, Las Vegas Film Critics Sierra Awards, and lots of others. The movie itself took home a pinnacle prize at the Sundance and received Award of the Youth on the Cannes Film Festival.
Rodriguez has had incredible roles in different hit movies, such as Letty in The Fast and the Furious (2001) and Rain Ocampo in Resident Evil (2002). She additionally seemed in Blue Crush and S.W.A.T. In 2004, Rodriguez lent her voice to the online game Halo 2, gambling a Marine. She additionally provided the voice of Liz Ricardo within the Cartoon Network collection IGPX. From 2005 to 2006, she played difficult cop Ana Lucia Cortez at the television series Lost all through the show’s second season (the individual’s first appearance became a flashback during the first season’s finale, “Exodus: Part 1”), and back for a cameo inside the second episode of the display’s fifth season, “The Lie”, in 2009. She back again within the penultimate episode of the collection, “What They Died For”, in 2010. In 2006, Rodriguez turned into featured in her own episode of G4’s show Icons.
In 2008, Rodriguez seemed inside the political drama Battle in Seattle opposite Charlize Theron and Woody Harrelson. In 2009, she seemed in Fast & Furious, the fourth installment of The Fast and the Furious movie series. Later that year, Rodriguez starred in James Cameron’s high-finance sci-fi adventure epic Avatar, which became one of the highest-grossing films in records and Rodriguez’s most a success movie to date. In 2009, Rodriguez also starred in Trópico de Sangre, an impartial movie primarily based at the Dominican Republic’s historic Mirabal sisters.
In 2010, Rodriguez seemed in Robert Rodriguez’s Machete. In 2011, she seemed with Aaron Eckhart inside the technology fiction movie Battle: Los Angeles which grossed over US$200 million in the global box office. In 2012, the lower back to play the good clone and bad a twin of Rain Ocampo in Resident Evil: Retribution. In 2013, she reprised her roles as Letty in Fast & Furious 6 and Luz / Shé within the Robert Rodriguez sequel Machete Kills. She additionally voiced a person in DreamWorks Animation’s Turbo.
In 2015, she seemed in Furious 7 which grossed over $1.5 billion international. In 2016 she starred in The Assignment alongside Sigourney Weaver. In 2017, she lent her voice to Smurfs: The Lost Village. She also starred in The Fate of the Furious, which broke data for the biggest worldwide box office opening of all-time. In 2018, she starred opposite Viola Davis in Widows from award-triumphing director Steve McQueen, and in 2019 reunited with director James Cameron on the movie Alita: Battle Angel.
Personal life and legal issues
In early 2000, Rodriguez broke off an engagement to a Muslim boyfriend, citing competition to spiritual requests he product of her. In 2001, she reportedly dated her Fast & Furious co-big name, Vin Diesel.
In 2013, Entertainment Weekly quoted her as saying, “I’ve gone each way. I do as I please. I am too curious to sit down right here and not try after I can. Men are intriguing. So are chicks.” As she explained to Latina magazine, “I’m getting older. Eventually, it’s going to wrinkle up and I’m now not going if you want to use it. I desired to be sincere about who I am and spot what happens.” The following year, she said in an interview that she was hoping her moves would help others in a similar situation: “Maybe via me commencing my massive fats mouth like I generally do and stepping up and owning who I am, maybe it would inspire any individual else to do the equal.” She described herself as bisexual in some other interview later that month: “Bi, yeah, I fall underneath the B class of LGBT.” Regarding the lack of unconventional woman roles available in movies, she said, “What’s wrong with being bi? I mean, we’re getting flak anywhere we go.
In March 2002, Rodriguez become arrested for the attack after entering into combat together with her roommate. The charges were later dropped after the roommate declined to press the allegations in court.
In November 2003, Rodriguez went to court docket to stand eight misdemeanor charges based totally on two driving incidents, such as successful and run and riding below the have an effect on (DUI). In June 2004, Rodriguez pleaded no contest in Los Angeles to 3 of the fees: hit and run drunken driving, and driving with a suspended license. She went to prison for 48 hours, achieved community carrier on the morgues of two New York hospitals, finished a 3-month alcohol program, and was placed on probation for three years.
In 2005, while filming Lost in Hawaii, Rodriguez was pulled over with the aid of Honolulu police multiple times for rushing violations, and on December 1 was arrested for DUI. In April 2006, she pleaded guilty to one rate of riding under the effect and selected to pay a US$500 first-rate and spend five days in prison.
She cited her high doses of allergy-relieving steroids as part of the cause for her erratic behavior. Because the incident was a contravention of her Los Angeles probation, she turned into sentenced to 60 days in jail, a 30-day alcohol rehabilitation software, and any other 30 days of network provider, inclusive of work for Mothers Against Drunk Driving. Because of overcrowding, she turned into released from prison on the equal day she entered.
In September 2007, Rodriguez allegedly violated her probation by using neither finishing her community provider nor following an alcohol schooling application. Her legal professional claimed it became a clerical error. On October 10, 2007, following a hearing, she changed into sentenced to 180 days’ prison time after agreeing to confess to violating her probation. She became expected to spend the whole one hundred eighty-day term in prison however changed into released 18 days later because of overcrowding. In January 2009, Rodriguez completed her network carrier.
|Full name||Mayte Michelle Rodriguez|
|Nicknames||Michelle Rodriguez, Mayte, MRod, The Tough Girl, Mr, ToughM|
|Breakthrough/career turning point movie||Girlfight
|Awards||2001 Deauville Film Festival – Best Female Performance: Girlfight
2001 Independent Spirit Award – Best Debut Performance: Girlfight
2001 National Board of Review Award – Best Breakthrough Performance by an Actress: Girlfight
2001 Gotham Award – Breakthrough Performance: Girlfight
2001 Las Vegas Film Critics Society Award – Best Female Newcomer: Girlfight
2002 Imagen Foundation Award – Best Supporting Actress in a Film: S.W.A.T
2005 Screen Actors Guild Award – Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Lost
|Date of birth||12 July 1978|
|Age(as in 2019)||42 years.|
|Born Place||San Antonio, Texas, USA|
|School||William L Dickinson High School|
|Hobbies||Reading, skating, acting, music|
Physical Stats & more
|Height||In feet: 5’5″
In meter: 1.65m
In centimeter: 165 cm
|Weight||in kilograms: 54 kg
In Pounds: 120 lbs
|Body measurements (in inches)||34-25-34|
|Shoe size||7(US) or 37.5(EU)|
|Dress Size||6(US) or 38(EU)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Michelle Rodriguez Family
|Spouse/Husband||She is not married yet|
|Parents||Father: Rafael Rodriguez (worked in the United States Army)
Mother: Carmen Milady
|Siblings||Raul (Older Brother)
Omar (Older Brother)
Relationship & more
|Affairs/Boyfriends/Girlfriends||Vin Diesel (2001)
Colin Farrell (2002-2003)
Kristanna Loken (2006-2007)
Cara Delevingne (2014)
Favorite Things of Michelle Rodriguez
|Favorite Actors||Cate Blanchett, Julia Roberts, Marlon Brando, Sandra Bullock, Paul Newman|
|Favorite Style Icon||Mick Jagger|
|Favorite Designer||John Galliano, Valentino|
|Favorite Color||Black, White, Grey|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$34 Million|
|Car Collections||Lamborghini Aventador
Michelle Rodriguez interesting facts and unknown things
1. When Liam Neeson came under for a few racist remarks, Michelle Rodriguez came to her Widows costar’s defense. She stated he couldn’t be racist because he kissed a black lady, who changed into costar, Viola Davis.
This became a completely weak manner to defend a person (imagine how many slave proprietors kissed black women!) and Rodriguez later apologized for it.
2. It might marvel a few fanatics to examine that Rodriguez embarked on a five-day religious quest with Sergio Magana in Mexico. The star stated that she desired to figure out who she becomes and why she’s here. Don’t we all? It’s certainly a feeling lots of her fanatics can relate to in existence.
3. Seeing Michelle in so many fun action films lately may additionally have made lovers overlook that she was as soon as on Lost…in the event that they ever knew that truth to start with. Many fans weren’t amazed whilst her character, Ana Lucia Cortez, became a season regular. She changed into at the start slated to be a guest star.
4. While Michelle says she’s by no means had formal schooling after losing out, she had the wherewithal to get her GED. She also says that she’s a self-taught bookworm with lots of pursuits that she enjoys analyzing on her very own. She loves analyzing a host of subjects, from psychology and anthropology to politics and the occult.
5. Michelle had a hard time in college, in the end being expelled from a complete of 5 different schools in her youth. Moving around as a navy brat possibly didn’t help her out much, either. She attempted business faculty for a brief period but ultimately decided that performing, screenwriting, and directing have been her passions.
6. Michelle was born in San Antonio, Texas on July 12, 1978, and her complete birth call became Mayte Michelle Rodriguez. Mayte means “beloved” in Basque. She also lived within the Dominican Republic, in which her mother is from, as well as Puerto Rico, wherein her father, a member of the Army, hailed from.
7. Michelle’s tough female character isn’t restrained to her onscreen presence. Following Girlfight, she got into a real fight with her roommate, worrying that the female goes away after their argument got bodily in public. The incident led to an arrest for attack for Michelle, despite the fact that the roommate didn’t press charges.
8. As a brand new actor, Michelle gave her function in Girlfight all she had, training four to five days a week for hours at a time. She got in tremendous physical shape for the movie. Her training, which occurred at Gleason’s Gym, ended in a complete of 10 kilos of muscular tissues being introduced to her already sturdy frame.
9. Given that Girlfight becomes her first movie, it is able to come as no wonder that her audition for the movie turned into terrible. She says she becomes an hour and a half of late and in a surly mood because of PMS. Karyn Kiyoko Kusama said that she needed “Brando as a teenage girl,” and Rodriguez suits the bill. She stated Michelle “burns up the display” and “holds the display by means of sheer presence.”
10. When requested about portraying a Latina version of a superhero, Michelle scoffed, “It’s so stupid. Stop stealing all of the white people’s superheroes. Make up your own. What’s up with that?”
She later issued a non-apology, explaining that each culture must have its own mythology instead of reusing old stories.
11. Rodgriguez becomes so broke throughout the filming of Girlfight that she couldn’t afford to get to paintings. Her director needed to give her train money so she could make it each day. Between shooting, appearing classes, and the gym, she became one busy female. She’s come to a long manner on the grounds that then and now has a net worth of $30 million.
12. One of the most surprising statistics approximately Michelle Rodriguez is the fact that she didn’t have a license before filming The Fast & The Furious. This isn’t surprising because it’s greater unusual to have a driver’s license in city areas, in which public transportation is easy to access. It’s surprising due to the fact she regarded this sort of herbal gearhead inside the movie.
13. When asked about how the general public becomes responding to the film, Avatar, which remains one among the maximum popular films of all time, Rodriguez got a piece protective and said she didn’t care what all of us thought. She made certain to vocalize her support for the director, James Cameron. She gushed about how remarkable he turned into to work with.
14. It seems as though many Hollywood stars have an artistic side gig or hobby that they enjoy, and one of Michelle’s is being a disc jockey. She’s been acknowledged to DJ for the duration of movie premieres or afterparties, although she’s additionally been a guest DJ at various clubs. She enjoys mixing an eclectic series of music from the Nineteen Thirties to the 1980s.
15. Upon getting to know that The Fast and the Furious became set to have her inside the middle of a love triangle, Michelle nearly ends the franchise. The idea of being stuck among Dominic Toretto and Brian O’Conner didn’t sit nicely together with her but she signed on before contesting the plotline. She believed she’d be able to deal with it later.
16. During her time on Lost, Michelle was arrested for a DUI in Hawaii and pleaded guilty. Her tested alcohol level changed into twice the legal limit. She needed to pay a pleasant and serve five days in prison.
When it involves riding, Michelle has been in a problem more than once. Ahead of her DUI arrest, she had three rushing tickets in Hawaii and other incidents in California.
17. Michelle changed into offered network carrier for the Hawaii offense, however, she opted for jail time instead, since it might have taken 240 hours of network service to finish her sentence.
When she was arrested for success and run, a DUI, and using with a suspended license in Los Angeles, she had to spend 48 hours in prison and carry out network service at a morgue.
18. The chemistry among Dom advert Letty may be so convincing because Vin Diesel and Michelle honestly dated in real existence. The bisexual actress, then in her early 20s, dated her costar in 2001…when Vin Diesel became eleven years older than she turned into!
She hasn’t been as vocal about her love lifestyles on account that, aside from saying that she does as she pleases.
19. It’s ironic that Michelle became raised as a Jehovah’s Witness, as she wasn’t allowed to watch films in her domestic while growing up, but she has become an actor anyway. Michelle has considering left the faith she becomes raised in.
She has said that she feels her spiritual upbringing scarred her. She said she had to attend church each day as a toddler and proselytize to her very own classmates, door to door.
20. Michelle’s mother hates that she renounced her religion and became to action. She has advised her daughter that she’s getting used as part of the “devil’s tool.” Michelle says that none of her circle of relatives participants are glad along with her career, even though her brother “became simply satisfied that I had lifestyles out of doors of the ghetto.”
21. Mitchell is an avid in-line skater.
22. She is of Puerto Rican and Dominican ancestry.
23. Dropped out of high college at 17, however, later acquired a G.E.D. Equivalency certificate.
24. Good friends with Jason Sarayba and Nicole Eggert.