Elizabeth Olsen, born on February 16, 1989, in Sherman Oaks, California, is a renowned American actress with a significant presence in the entertainment industry. She started her acting career at the age of four, and today Olsen has developed a distinguished filmography.
Her education includes time spent at several prestigious institutions such as Campbell Hall School, New York University, New York University Tisch School of the Arts, and Los Angeles County High School for the Arts. This diverse educational background has contributed to her depth as an actress.
Olsen’s career breakthrough came with her starring role in the 2011 thriller “Martha Marcy May Marlene.” This film not only brought her critical acclaim but also a nomination for a Critics’ Choice Movie Award, signaling her arrival as a significant talent in Hollywood. Her filmography includes notable works such as “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness,” “Avengers: Infinity War,” “Wind River,” “Captain America: Civil War,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Godzilla,” and “Martha Marcy May Marlene.”
In addition to her remarkable roles in film, Olsen has also become widely recognized for her portrayal of the Scarlet Witch in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, appearing in several films and the series “WandaVision.” This role has significantly contributed to her popularity and critical appreciation.
As of November 2023, Elizabeth Olsen is 34 years and 9 months old, her estimated net worth is $15 million, and she stands at a height of 5 feet 7 inches (170 cm or 1.7 m) tall.
We have shared everything about Elizabeth Olsen here. So keep reading. You don’t have to go anywhere else.
Elizabeth Chase Olsen
C Head, Liz, Lizzie
Martha, Marcy May Marlene
Martha, Marcy May Marlene
1) Best Breakthrough Performance (2011)
2) Most Promising Performer (2011)
3) Pauline Kael Breakout Award
4) New Generation Award
5) Vancouver Film Critics Best Actress Award
6) Best Leading Actress ( Silent House)
7) Hollywood Rising star Award ( I saw the light)
Date of Birth
16 February 1989
As of today, Elizabeth is 34 years and 9 months old.
Elizabeth attended Campbell Hall School in North Hollywood, California. Here she completed her education from kindergarten through grade 12. Following her high school graduation, Olsen pursued higher education in the arts.
In 2007, she enrolled in New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts While at Tisch, Olsen’s acting career was already in an active phase, leading her to take six years to complete the three-year program.
During her time at NYU, Olsen also took classes at the Atlantic Theater Company. Furthermore, she broadened her artistic and cultural horizons by spending a semester abroad at the Moscow Art Theatre School in Russia in 2009. This international experience at one of Russia’s most respected theatre schools likely contributed significantly to her depth and versatility as an actress.
Since she was 13, Elizabeth Olsen has said that she is an atheist. She chose to become an atheist because she thought religion should focus on building community and giving people a place to pray instead of limiting women’s freedoms. Because of this, she told her parents when she was young that she didn’t believe in God.
Race / Ethnicity
Reading, Doing Self-care, Watching volleyball and football, and Doing Horseback riding.
Physical Stats & More
- In feet = 5′ 7″
- In Centimeters = 170 cm
- In meters =1.7 m
- In Kilograms = 58 kg
- In Pounds = 128 lbs
Elizabeth Olsen Family
Elizabeth Olsen hails from a family that has been involved in the entertainment industry. Elizabeth’s parents are Jarnette Olsen, a former dancer, and David Olsen, a real estate agent. Her father, David Olsen, has Danish and Norwegian lineage, while her mother, Jarnette Jones, possesses English, German, and Norwegian ancestry.
She is the younger sister of the famous Olsen twins, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. The twins achieved fame as child actresses and later became well-known figures in the fashion industry. Elizabeth also has 2 younger half-siblings from his parent’s later marriage.
Regarding her personal family, she is known to be married to musician Robbie Arnett. The couple has been together since 2017 and got married in 2021 and as of today, they don’t have any kids.
Robbie Arnett (Musician) (2021–Present)
David Olsen (Real estate Developer and Mortgage Banker)
Jarnette Olsen (nee Jones) (Personal Manager and former dancer)
1) Mary-kate Osle (older sister)(Actress, Fashion designer)
Ashley Olsen (older sister)(Actress, Fashion designer)
Trent Olsen (Elder Brother)
Jake Olsen (Younger Half Brother)
Courtney Taylor Olsen (Half-Sister)
Elizabeth Olsen Relationships & More
Married to Robbie Arnett
8th June 2021
Boyfriend and Dating History
Alexander Skarsgard (2014) (Rumored)
Boyd Holbrook (2014)
Elizabeth Olsen and Boyd Holbrook’s relationship began after they met on the set of the film “Very Good Girls” in 2012. Their connection turned into a romantic relationship, leading to their engagement in March 2014.
However, their relationship faced challenges and eventually came to an end. The couple called off their engagement and separated on October 26, 2014. The breakup was reportedly quite difficult for Holbrook, who described it as akin to a “divorce” and noted that the day they ended their engagement was one of the worst days of his life.
There were various speculations and rumors regarding the reasons behind their breakup. One such rumor suggested that Holbrook allegedly cheated on Olsen, which led to Olsen ending the relationship.
Chris Evans (2015) (Rumored)
Tom Hiddleston (2015) (Rumored)
Favorite Movie – Tremors (1990), Manhattan (1979), Annie Hall (1977), Gone with the Wind (1939)
Actress – Michelle Pfeiffer
Favorite sport – Volleyball
Net Worth 2023
As of November 2023, Elizabeth Olsen’s estimated net worth is $15 million. She makes money from her successful acting career, brand endorsements, and investments.
Olsen’s role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe has been a significant contributor to her wealth. Her estimated earnings from these films include $2.5 million for “Age of Ultron,” $3 million for “Civil War,” $4 million for “Infinity War,” and $5 million for “Endgame”. She also earned $2 million for her role in “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness”.
Outside of the Marvel films, Olsen made $1 million for her role in “Godzilla”. Her other acting projects include movies like “Wind River” and “Ingrid Goes West,” and her television project “Sorry for Your Loss,” where she also served as executive producer.
Olsen has secured endorsements with notable companies like Dior, New Balance, and Rebecca Minkoff, which have contributed to her total wealth.
Olsen has also made business investments to generate more revenue with the available cash.
|Scarlett Johansson Net worth|
|Brie Larson Net worth|
|Paul Bettany Net worth|
|Margot Robbie Net worth|
Net worth Growth
|Net worth in 2023||$15 million|
|Net worth in 2022||$13 million|
|Net worth in 2021||$11 million|
|Net worth in 2020||$9 million|
|Net worth in 2019||$7.5 million|
|Godzilla (2014)||Elle Brody||$1 million|
|Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)||Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff||$2.5 million|
|Captain America: Civil War (2016)||Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff||$3 million|
|Avengers: Infinity War (2018)||Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff||$3 million|
|Avengers: Endgame (2019)||Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff||$3 million|
|Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)||Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff||$2 million|
|Yearly Earnings||$2.5 million +|
|Salary Per Episode||$750,000|
|Salary Per Movie||$2 million – 3 million|
2) A Black Toyota Prius
3) Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Elizabeth Olsen has residences in both London and Los Angeles:
London Residence: Olsen lives in London with her spouse, musician Robbie Arnett. They reside in a home that represents a stylish investment in the real estate world of the city.
Los Angeles Residence: In addition to her London home, Olsen owns a contemporary-style mansion in the hills of Los Angeles, specifically in the luxurious neighborhood of Sherman Oaks. This residence features six bedrooms, six bathrooms, stunning views of the city, and a spacious backyard with a pool.
Lesser Known Interesting Facts
- “Silent House” was the first movie released starring Elizabeth, but it was her third film after her debut in “Martha Marcy May Marlene.” Her actual first feature film acting job was in “Peace, Love & Misunderstanding”.
- Elizabeth’s middle name, Chase, was given by her parents, Jarnette Olsen and David Olsen, with the idea of her chasing after her twin sisters, Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen.
- Elizabeth had to audition twice for the role of Martha in “Martha Marcy May Marlene,” and began filming only two weeks after being cast.
- For her role as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch in “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” she drew on her relationship with her older brother Trent and her twin sisters Mary-Kate and Ashley.
- In the movie “Silent House,” her audition impressed the directors despite their requirement for an actress with theatrical training.
- Elizabeth has a fashion line named after her, introduced by her twin sisters. The collection is named Elizabeth and James, with James being Elizabeth’s elder brother’s name.
- Her portrayal of Juliet in an Off-Broadway production of Shakespeare’s “Romeo & Juliet” was highly praised by critics and the audience in 2013 in New York City.
- She was unaware of the ending of the movie “Oldboy” until she watched it at the New York City premiere.
- Elizabeth dated and was engaged to Boyd Holbrook, her co-star from “Very Good Girls,” but the relationship eventually ended.
- In high school, she did not use her last name, Olsen, to avoid preferential treatment and was an excellent student despite missing classes for auditions.
- She was close with Aaron Taylor-Johnson, her co-star from “Godzilla,” and they consulted each other before signing on for their roles in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Elizabeth suffered from nightmares during and after filming “Silent House”.
- She is comfortable with nude scenes in films if they empower her character.
- Cooking is her favorite pastime, and she enjoys making baked goods for her family.
- Elizabeth is the brand ambassador for Bobbi Brown Cosmetics and starred in their #ConfidentBeauty campaign in 2019.
- She and Taylor Johnson read every issue of “Marvel Ultimates” to understand their roles of Wanda and Pietro Maximoff better.
- Elizabeth did her own singing for her character of Audrey Williams in the movie “I Saw the Light”.
- Her first audition was for “Spy Kids” at the age of 10, but she did not get the part.
- She worked with a dance choreographer for her action sequences in “Avengers: Age of Ultron”.
- While filming “Wind River,” she experienced snow blindness, a condition caused by overexposure to UV light.
Social Media Presence
She is not active on Social Media
Top video of Elizabeth Olsen on Youtube
Elizabeth Olsen Answers the Web’s Most Searched Questions | WIRED
Sources: Wikipedia + 39 Others